H.A.G.I.T. is an abbreviation for Honesty, Accountability, Good Governance, Integrity and Transparency..
In Visayan language. “Hagit” means challenge.
The Challenge :
To instill the HAGIT principles in the minds of our future leaders:
We will equip our children with these principles in order to break-up the vicious cycles of our corrupt society especially in Philippine politics.
- We must start today by empowering our children on what is the right thing to do and by setting ourselves as good examples.
- We must be honest to tell our children that we belong to a corrupt generation and that they (our children) are our only hope to make things right.
- We will post here all our activities and our learning materials related to the HAGIT Principles.
- Our greatest challenge is to eliminate all the blunders of this complacent generation.
- Occupy Baranggay Level – 2016
- Occupy Municipal Level – 2019
- Occupy Provincial Level – 2022
- Occupy National Level – 2025
The Seven Blunders of the World (a list from Mahatma Ghandi)
- Wealth without work.
- Pleasure without conscience.
- Knowledge without character.
- Commerce without morality.
- Science without humanity.
- Worship without sacrifice.
- Politics without principle.
For our beloved Country, God will help us.
Credits and Inspiration: Jo Dinah Viterbo – founder HAGIT of Hilongos, Leyte