Pebrero 8, 2021 – Ang Ministry of Interior ng Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ay naglabas ng isang video tungkol sa parusa sa mga magpapakalat ng tsismis at maling impormasyon tungkol sa kasalukuyang pandemikong COVID19.
Nasa baba ang ating English Translation sa Arabic Video
ANYONE WHO SPREAD RUMORS about the Corona pandemic through social media platforms and applications, or circulates them, or publishes false information that causes panic, or who incites a violation, SHALL BE PUNISHED.
Related Actions and Measures
- By imposing a fine of not less than one hundred thousand riyals and not more than one million riyals,
- or imprisonment for a period of not less than one year and not exceeding five years
- or the fine and imprisonment together,
- and when the violation is repeated, the penalty imposed on the previous time is doubled.
- In the event that the aforementioned violation is committed by a non-Saudi individual, he shall be punished with deportation from the Kingdom and forbidden to enter the country permanently after the implementation of the penalty against him.
Note that the application of the stipulated penalties does not prejudice any other punishment prescribed by Sharia law.