Patnubay Online congratulates Consul Roussel Reyes and Attaché Ebrahim Zailon who are our partners in resolving many distress cases in KSA.
DFA Honors its Outstanding Diplomats and Staff
26 July 2012 – President Benigno S. Aquino III conferred the Gawad Mabini on outstanding diplomats and staff members of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in a special awarding ceremony held on the occasion of the DFA’s 114thth birth anniversary this morning. founding anniversary and its celebration of Apolinario Mabini’s 148. The awarding ceremony was held at the DFA Main Building’s Bulwagang Apolinaro Mabini in Pasay City.
The recipients of the Gawad Mabini this year are all career officials of the DFA.
There were nine (9) recipients of the Gawad Mabini with a rank of Grand Cross (Daking Kamanong), four (4) recipients of the Gawad Mabini with a rank of Commander (Dakilang Kasugo), and five (5) recipients of the Gawad Mabini with a rank of Member (Kasugo).
The Gawad Mabini with a rank of Grand Cross (Dakilang Kamanong), conferred upon a former or incumbent Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Chief of Mission, cabinet member or other high official who headed a Philippine delegation to an important international conference on a ministerial level which resulted to substantive contributions to public interests and public welfare, was conferred by President Aquino on:
- Marilyn J. Alarilla (Philippine Ambassador to Turkey);
- Rodolfo A. Arizala (Retired Ambassador);
- Claro S. Cristobal (Philippine Ambassador to Egypt);
- Laura Q. Del Rosario (DFA Undersecretary for International Economic Relations);
- Linglingay F. Lacanlale (Philippine Ambassador to Thailand);
- Jaime Victor B. Ledda (DFA Assistant Secretary for Consular Affairs);
- Ma. Cleofe R. Natividad (Philippine Ambassador to Germany);
- Cristina G. Ortega (Philippine Ambassador to France); and
- Renato L. Villapando (Philippine Consul General to Macau Special Administrative Region).
The Gawad Mabini with a rank of Commander (Dakilang Kasugo), conferred upon an officer with a rank between a Career Minister to Foreign Service Officer Class IV, or upon personnel of a government agency who served as an attaché in a foreign service establishment, was conferred on:
- Elmer G. Cato (DFA Office of the Undersecretary for Administration Special Assistant);
- Andre Peter C. Estanislao (DFA Office of Consular Affairs Acting Director);
- Marlowe A. Miranda (First Secretary and Consul General of the Philippine Embassy in Iraq); and
- Roussel R. Reyes (Second Secretary and Consul of the Philippine Embassy in Saudi Arabia).
The Gawad Mabini with a rank of Member (Kasugo), conferred upon a staff officer or employee of the DFA, was conferred on:
- Edwin Juan A. Batallones (Consular Assistant/Assistance-to-Nationals (ATN) Head and Attache of the Philippine Embassy in Lebanon);
- Amerrah P. Dianalan-Tahir (Consular Assistant/Alternate Collecting Officer and Attache of the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai)
- Yolanda S. Ofiana (Administrative Officer and Attache of the Philippine Embassy in Viet Nam);
- Arturo V. Romua (Officer-in-Charge of the DFA’s Regional Consular Office in Pampanga); and
- Ebrahim T. Zailon (Translator/Interpreter/Writer and Attache of the Philippine Embassy in Saudi Arabia).
Named after the country’s first Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Apolinario Mabini, the Gawad Mabini was established on 19 September 2003 pursuant to Executive Order No. 236, or otherwise known as The Honors Code of the Philippines.
It is conferred upon the personnel of the DFA and upon Filipinos who have steadfastly rendered distinguished service and who promoted the interests of the Republic of the Philippines at home and overseas.
A recognition ceremony of the DFA’s outstanding employees and loyalty awardees, who have rendered exceptional service to the Department for years, was likewise done in the afternoon. END