(Unofficial English Translation)
The SPECIAL press conference of the official spokesperson of KSA’s Ministry of Health about Coronavirus
December 1, 2021 AD | 26 Rabi’ al-Thani 1433 AH
- Monitoring of the new Coronavirus mutated Omicron in all continents of the world, and studies about it did not reach enough information about the level of danger as it is still in its initial stages.
- Monitoring the case infected with the Omicron mutant in the Kingdom was carried out according to the approved health protocols, and we followed up the case and those who were in contact with him and conducted epidemiological investigations around it.
- The mutations of concern are those in which there is a probability of alterations in the patterns and behavior of the virus, which are: the speed of spread, the severity of the virus infection, the low response of vaccines to the mutations.
- Prevention is better than cure, and I advise everyone to wear masks everywhere as much as possible to prevent a mutant omicron and we must, in the current stage, deal with caution with the Coronavirus and its mutations.
- Completing the vaccination with two doses is very necessary, and we call on everyone to receive the booster dose after 6 months of receiving the second dose in order to enhance the immunity formed by receiving the vaccine
- The health status in the Tawakkalna application is a protection for all, and for those in contact with the injured and those who are subject to quarantine and isolation have a national and moral duty, and they must feel their responsibility.
- Follow-up is ongoing and the actions recommended are important and necessary. We are confident that it will be sufficient to protect the individual and society.
- The mutant Omicron is newly emerging, and the information on its risk levels has not been completed, and we follow it in studies, and we will share with you the information first and warn against rumors.