Romulo Victor Manzano Israel Jr. was born on August 29, 1970 in Manggahan, Subic, Zambales, Philippines. He is married to Catherine Joy Pineda Israel and they were blessed with two children, Mathew Vincent and Aleithea Clare.
Romulo Victor Israel Jr. is known to the Filipino Community in Saudi Arabia as a silent yet very effective officer whichever department he will be assigned to handle. Many OFWs describe him as an intelligent, accomodating and a public servant with a real dedication to serve the OFWs.
Romulo Victor Israel Jr. entered the Foreign Service in 2000. He served at the Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs handling the Middle East and Africa Desk.
He was then assigned as Officer in Charge of DFA Regional Office II from 2002 to 2003.
In 2003, Vice Consul Romulo Victor Israel Jr. was assigned in the Phil. Embassy Riyadh as a 3rd Sec. & Vice Consul whose functions are the following:
- Asst. Head of Assistance to Nationals Section
- In-Charge of Econ. Section
- Strategic Planning Officer
- ASEAN Riyadh Committee WG Member
As the head of the Assistance to Nationals Section for Female Cases, he was able to lead his team in the resolution of many difficult police cases that involved Filipinas. Such cases involved the following:
- Love Cases
- Mixed Crowd (Illegal Assembly)
- Pork Selling
- Wine Selling and Drinking
- Etc. etc.
In the late 2006, Romulo Victor Israel Jr. was promoted to a 2nd Sec. & Consul. He became the Head of the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh which has consular jurisdiction over Riyadh, Eastern, Qassim, Hail, Al-Jouf and Northern Territories Regions in Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Yemen.
- 1987 to 1995 – Volunteered in Church groups involved in promoting free and honest plebiscite, elections
- 1986 to 1997 – Served in Church-related missions to different urban and rural poor communities
- Consul Israel took up AB Pre-Divinity in Ateneo de Manila University from 1986 to 1991.
- In 1997, He finished his Masters Degree Theology Major in Pastoral Ministry in Loyola School of Theology, AdMU.