(Unofficial English Translation)
The press conference of the official spokesperson of KSA’s Ministry of Health about Coronavirus (October 17, 2021 | AD 11 Rabi’ al-Awwal 1443 AH)
- We thank God for the achievements and gains we are proud of in the face of the Corona pandemic, which we have reached with the support of our wise leadership. The efforts of the concerned agencies and the response and awareness of society in the Kingdom
- The number of doses given in the Kingdom exceeded 44+ million doses. A total of 20.6+ million people completed the two-dose vaccination
- We are now living in a positive phase in the Kingdom, and we are based on two main pillars for the next phase. The first is the awareness of the community to complete immunization, and the second is the responsibility of the authorities and organizers of the sites of activities.
- Easing the precautionary measures does not mean not benefiting from them, but rather we have to abide by them as individuals in the locations that require this, and the authorities have the responsibility to implement health protocols and procedures.
- The booster dose should be taken quickly for the following groups: people with organ transplants, people with chronic renal failure, people with chronic diseases, the age group of 60 years and over, and professions with risks and priority, including health practitioners.
The first and second doses of corona vaccines are safe for those at the beginning of pregnancy or near birth, and we advise mothers to complete immunization with both doses