.THE PROJECTS OF ACFIL
• Drum & Lyre Corp (1998 up to the present) to show the American influence in the Philippines during their occupation. Participated the Identità e Differenza organized by the commune di Torino.
• (ACFIL INFORMA) started last 2002 up to the present to form and inform the Filipinos in the region regarding the political, social & migration issues especially to those who have the difficulty in comprehending the Italian language. This was financed by the Provincia di Torino for two years and the last 6 years, ACFIL continued the action independently due to the strong demand of the community taking out also the logo of the Provincia di Torino.
ENGLISH AND PILIPINO CLASS
• (RECUPERIAMO I COCCI) 2001-2003 a project directed to children from 6-12 years old especially those who don‘t speak Pilipino and were born here to recover at least the disappearing language among Filipino children. The project was financed by the Comune di Torino.
FOOD TO HELP: BANCO ALIMENTARE:
• (2001 up to the present) Goods from Banco Alimentare distributed to the needy Filipino.
ACFIL participates yearly the voluntary ―colletta alimentare‖ and whenever their presence is needed.
PROJECT LIGHT –
LIGHT –Love, Insights, Give Humanity the Trust
1. TRIBUTE TO THE EMPLOYER ( Self-help among the members)
• 2004 to bridge the gap between employer/ employee relationship
2. I AND THE IMPORTANCE OF A FAMILY
• Essay writing contest 2004 -to identify the causes of the problems of the petitioned children who were separated to their parents for a longer period. Children who were born here and at early age sent back to the Philippines.
• From 2005 up to the present to encourage the re -productivity of the Filipino workers during their free time and to introduce to the Filipino children the different Filipino vegetables. The project was attained from the Comune the Torino through circoscrizione 6.
Conference about a FACE without a VOICE or a VOICE without a FACE? – We referred to the Filipino worker considered to be a silent worker and invisible and also to the children who were left behind in the place of origin, who only due to the distance were able to communicate by phone hearing the voice of the parents but just imagining their images or faces.
DESIGN YOUR FUTURE
• (CABLE) Essay writing contest 2007 Finance by Rotary club 45° parallel, to discover talents and to accompany the Youth to prepare their future.
SAVE A MIND PROJECT (IN COLLABORATION WITH ROTARY 45° parallel)
• (SCHOLARSHIP GRANT) 2007-2010 to help the Youth to pursue their studies for their future.
• GIOVANI FILIPPINI VERSO LA SOCIETA- 1 & 2:
A project since 2007-2009 financed by the Compagnia di San Paolo directed to Filipino high school students/ University. To equipped them the knowledge about the journey of Migration towards the society and enlisting to be part of the servizio civile organized by the Assessor for the Politics for Integration ILDA CURTI. And instill to them the importance of education.
• FINANCIAL LITERACY SEMINAR:
An ongoing seminar financed by the Filipinos itself and other Italian friends. It is to maximize the gains and minimize the social cost of Philippine migration.
HOW DID ACFIL SURVIVE FOR ALMOST 16 YEARS ?
The joint forces to raise fund like search for Mr. &Miss Little ACFIL and ― a Song for You‖ somehow supported ACFIL to move on even in a small phase. Considering the teenage years of ACFIL, after the birth pain and growth towards development what she is today is because of the strong determination of the people behind it to continue despite all odds together with their Italian friend who shared the same goal on where to put her in the final journey of which the 3rd or 4th generation will be proud of and a plus factor is the dynamic of a united group towards a collective action.
1.INTEGRATION AND REINTEGRATION OF OFWs
2.RIGHTS & WELFARE
3.ASSISTANCE & FORMATION
4.PARTNERSHIP & NETWORKING WITH OTHER ENTITY ( Gov‘t & NON)
5.SECOND GENERATION EMPOWERMENT
6.PROMOTION OF PHIL. CULTURE & ARTS
7.RECOGNITION OF MEMBERS
POINT OF AGGREGATION
CASA DEL QUARTIERE, VIA MORGARI 14, TORINO
500 REGULAR, 1 HONORARY
ON GOING PROJECTS
2.DRUM & LYRE COPRS
3.VIA MORGARI – POINT OF AGGREGATION
6.SAVE-A-MIND PROJECT w/Rotary 45°-
7.FINANCIAL LITERACY SEMINAR
ACFIL WILL CONTINUE ITS JOURNEY TO BE OF SERVICE TO THOSE IN NEED AND WE ARE NOW IN THE PHASE OF ENTERING THE SOCIETY FOCUSING TO THE WELFARE OF OUR FILIPINO YOUTHS & TO THE FILIPINO WORKERS TOWARDS A BETTER FUTURE……… and to be able to realize all of these, we of ACFIL needs your FINANCIAL SUPPORT, TRUST, COLLABORATION,TIME& TALENT.For we of ACFIL shall continue our service to our fellow OF’s, BY BUILDING A BRIDGE INSTEAD OF WALL, to be able to release our BODY